Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Expressionist Gaming FTW!

A local mate of mine was giving me a hard time about repurposing fantasy models for use in a historical system and made a throw away comment about how he had a chess set just lying around. Silly fellow, he got me thinking...

White Pawns x12 as levy
Black Pawns x12 as levy
Castles x8 as warriors
Bishops x8 as warriors
Knights x8 as mounted warriors
Queens x4 as hearth guard
King x1 as Warlord.

Hello 6pt 'expressionist' warband. I suspect that a trawl of St Vinnies and the like would turn up a great many cheap 2nd hand model options.

Then I mentioned this another friend and had the idea of getting some small sets of playing cards to make an 'Alice in Wonderland' force using the face cards. 

As you may have guessed by now, I am not the sort to turn my nose up just because somebody painted the wrong coloured buttons on a uniform :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment